THEME: CONTENDING FOR YOUR INHERITANCE
Topic: The Inheritance Is Not For Minors
Key Text: What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a minor, he is no different from a slave, even though he is the legal owner of the estate; rather, he is subject to guardians and caretakers until the time previously set by his father. So it is with us — when we were “children,” we were slaves to the elemental spirits of the universe, but when the appointed time arrived, God sent forth his Son. He was born from a woman, born into a culture in which legalistic perversion of the Torah was the norm so that he might redeem those in subjection to this legalism and thus enable us to be made God’s sons. Now because you are sons, God has sent forth into our hearts the Spirit of his Son, the Spirit who cries out, “Abba!” (that is, “Dear Father!”). So through God, you are no longer a slave but a son, and if you are a son, you are also an heir. Galatians 4:1-7(CJB)
Key verse: What I am saying is that as long as the heir is a minor, he is no different from a slave, even though he is the legal owner of the estate; Galatians 4:1
Who is a minor? A minor is a person under the age of full legal responsibility. You will recall we defined an inheritance as something passed down to an heir by his father/ parents or a gift received at the owner’s death by an authority of a will.
Our heavenly father is the one who has released an inheritance to us as revealed in his will, the Holy scriptures.
Insights from the key verse.
• An heir who is a minor is no different from a slave
• The heir as a minor cannot spend his inheritance
• He is subject to the dictates of guardians or caretakers
• A minor who is a believer is a slave to elemental spirits;(The powers of this world rule him/her)
• A believer who remains a minor cannot enjoy what is his UNTIL the time their parents have set.
This is because children are placed in the care of guardians and teachers until the time their parents have set. Galatians 4:2(CEV)
• So, in essence, the text says the Minor is a believer who cannot call God Father CONFIDENTLY.
• A minor is a believer with a slave mentality; many believers are so dependent on their teachers to tell them what God is saying, talk to God on their behalf, and cut their daily portions for them.
Do these describe you? Are you so ignorant of the powers available to you that you have allowed false teachers and prophets to take you captive?
And now I commend you to God [placing you in His protective, loving care] and [I commend you] to the word of His grace [the counsel and promises of His unmerited favor]. His grace is able to build you up and to give you the [rightful] inheritance among all those who are sanctified [that is, among those who are set apart for God’s purpose—all believers]. Acts 20:32
The word of His grace will reveal the inheritance to you.
Knowledge of the counsel and promises of God is what will build you up to maturity.
The word of God is not meant only to bring you to faith but to sanctify you.
The Inheritance God has prepared is for those set apart for his purpose. Are you ready for discovery?
Are you ready to go catch fish for yourself and stop waiting for a spiritual ration?
God is prepared: Are you?
- Father, thank you for this revelation
- I acknowledge that l have been unwilling to do the work to grow up in spiritual maturity; help me.
- Open my eyes, Lord, to the riches of the inheritance
- Deliver me from a slave mentality. In Jesus’ name
I refuse to remain minor; I am ready to take my inheritance.
Photo by Muhammadtaha Ibrahim Ma’aji on Unsplash