We have established that the knowledge we need to access Grace’s blessings is Revelation Knowledge.
What happens when we receive Revelation Knowledge :
- Our understanding is enlightened ( illuminated). We see the situation from God’s perspective.
- We receive comprehension of God’s word and divinely inspired steps to take.
- The power and the blessing of that Word are imparted into our lives.
Kenneth Hagin, of blessed memory, was sickly as a child; he suffered from an incurable blood disease, had a deformed heart, and was bedfast ( partially paralyzed) at age 15.
Doctors said his illness was a rare case, and medical records showed that children with similar medical conditions never survived. He became born again while he was bedfast, and he decided to spend his time reading the bible ( he started his reading from the Gospels); then he came to Mark 11: 23, 24; it was at this point that the Holy Spirit imparted Revelation Knowledge about Faith to him.
This was the turning point for him; soon after that Word encounter, he was miraculously healed, raised off a deathbed by the power of God and the revelation of faith in God’s Word.
We have another example of the impartation of Revelation Knowledge in Luke 24.
Then Jesus said to them, “O foolish men, and slow of heart to trust and believe in everything that the prophets have spoken! Then beginning with Moses and [throughout] all the [writings of the] prophets, He explained and interpreted for them the things referring to Himself [found] in all the Scriptures. They said to one another, “Were not our hearts burning within us while He was talking with us on the road and opening the Scriptures to us?”
Luke 24:25, 27, 32 AMP
Many times, we are like these disciples. We are sincere and love the Lord, but we lack understanding and cannot interpret the events in our lives in the light of the Scriptures. You might have read a Scripture ten times and more, but until the Scriptures are opened ( unveiled ), you will not fully tap into the power and possibilities inherent in that Word.
This was the prayer of the Psalmist.
“Break open your Word within me until revelation light shines out! Those with open hearts are given insight into your plans.”
Psalms 119:130 TPT
“The entrance and unfolding of Your words give light; their unfolding gives understanding (discernment and comprehension) to the simple.”
Psalm 119:130 AMPC
How to Access Revelation Knowledge:
- Before you read, study and hear the Word, sincerely ask the Holy Spirit for Revelation, Knowledge, illumination, and Understanding: Psalm 119: 18
- Come to the Lord with a teachable and open mind. Come with an attitude to learn ( like a student to a Teacher, a mentee to a Mentor ). John 14: 26
- Read, and listen to anointed tapes and books…. Revelation Knowledge is a spirit; it can be transferred or imparted by association.
( Proverbs 13: 20)
Prayer: Lord, anoint my eyes to see clearly the things you are showing me and my ears to hear clearly the things you are speaking to me; circumcise my heart to discern your thoughts clearly in Jesus’ name. Amen
This is a good prayer as we prepare for the new year…