Topic: Good out of Evil
Text: Joshua 6:22-27
Key Verse: But Joshua spared the lives of the prostitute Rahab and all her relatives because she had hidden the two spies that he had sent to Jericho. (Her descendants have lived in Israel to this day.) Joshua 6:25
Our devotion today will focus on how God can bring good out of evil, a hopeless situation into an enduring blessing. It centers around the story of one of the bad girls of the Bible, as written in Liz Curtis Higgs book. Rahab’s story models the generous grace of God. Rahab is introduced to us as a prostitute, a role no one would want their children or relatives to play. She must have been a source of pain and shame to her family; she may have cut off ties with her relatives as no one would have loved to be identified with her. A day came when God changed the story and made her a redeemer of her family and relatives.
Hallelujah! Today the Lord wants us to pray for every son or daughter that has wandered away from home, from their parents’ upbringing, and is now living an immoral lifestyle. It is time for their recovery, restoration, and season of transformation. If you believe this, shout hallelujah!
Nowadays, there are many run-away prodigals, many Children born in Christian homes and raised in Sunday school but whose destinies have been corrupted by the foundations of their lives; it’s time to pray them into alignment. There are children also born out of wedlock; an example we will consider is Jephthah.
Jephthah, a brave soldier from Gilead, was the son of a prostitute. His father Gilead, had other sons by his wife, and when they grew up, they forced Jephthah to leave home. They told him, “You will not inherit anything from our father; you are the son of another woman.” Jephthah fled from his brothers and lived in the land of Tob. There he attracted a group of worthless men, and they went around with him. Judges 11:1-3
- Jephtha didn’t choose the circumstances of his birth.
- He was forced to leave home.
- His inheritance was denied him.
- He was pushed into the company of worthless fellows.
- Yet he was a brave soldier!
1. Father, we praise you for who you are, the God that brings beauty out of ashes
2. Heavenly Father, we praise you for all souls are yours, and there is nothing too hard for you.
3. Father, recover for us all our children in the clutches of the enemy, every child sibling or relative of anyone on this platform held by drugs, perversion or immoral lifestyle deliver in Jesus name amen.
4. Rahab said to the spies, “we have heard how the Lord dried up the water of the red sea before you.” Ask the father to touch every backslidden son or daughter to hear the good works of the Lord and return to faith to fulfill their prophetic destiny in Jesus’ name, amen
5. Judges 11:29 says “Then the spirit of the Lord came upon Jephthah…..”, Father, release your spirit on any child who has been chased away from home; may they fulfill their prophetic destiny for their families in Jesus’ name.
6. Generational curses are as real as generational blessings. In our text, Joshua placed a curse on anyone who would try to rebuild Jericho and its gates. That curse was fulfilled in 1 King 16:34. Pray to our heavenly father to deliver you and your family from any generational curse waiting to be fulfilled in your family, and plead the blood of Jesus on your bloodline for redemption in Jesus’ mighty name.
Father, thank you for the help of the Holy Spirit as we prayed. Jesus, as you intercede for us at the right hand of the father, may we receive supernatural outcomes and recoveries for every family in Jesus’ name. Father, may your will be done in our families as it is in heaven in Jesus’ name. Amen
I confess that good will come out of every evil my family has gone through in Jesus’ name. Amen.