Join me in thanksgiving to the father for life, good health, provision, safety, and most of all the gift of salvation.
Thank the father for the gift of the Holy Spirit, the helper, comforter, teacher, and intercessor.
Ask the father for insight and revelation in Jesus name
Heavenly Father, we wait on you, come and be the center of it all in Jesus’ name Amen.
TOPIC: Get Your Feet Wet
Text: Joshua 3:14-17
Key verse: Meanwhile, the priests who were carrying the Ark of the LORD’s Covenant stood on dry ground in the middle of the riverbed as the people passed by. They waited there until the whole nation of Israel had crossed the Jordan on dry ground. *Joshua 3:17
There are four things l don’t want you to forget in this prayer program.
• Remain in conversation with Jesus for answers (1 Thessalonians 5:17) Pray without ceasing :
• Study the scriptures for direction and strategy Joshua 1:8
• Depend on the Holy Spirit for Help(Romans 8:26)
In certain ways we are weak, but the Spirit is here to help us. For example, when we don’t know what to pray for, the Spirit prays for us in ways that cannot be put into words.
• Remain in fellowship and partnership with the brethren(Ecclesiastics 4:12)
And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
In our text today, Joshua received instruction that contained the strategy God had designed for them to cross over the Jordan
- It involved the collaboration of the priests who carried the ark, the representatives from the twelve tribes, and the people. Who are you in partnership with? We were not wired to go solo, except at seasons of retreat. If you are on this program and you do not have a good partnership with your ministers and brethren, you are functioning below your capacity.
And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; You need these different gifts to impact your life for you to enter into the fullness of all God has for you. Ephesians 4:11
Why should that be?
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Do you desire to be perfect? Do you want your family to run smoothly? Do you want to be involved in ministry and you are noted connected to other ministers and ministries, then you will not be able to attain that perfection.
God has given me to you as a gift, you are also a gift to me, you ought to edify me by your contribution to the devotional, but instead, some of us prefer to be a sponge soaking up everything without blessing others. This attitude is not humility, it’s called selfishness, it is not humility to say “l don’t want to be wrong so let me keep quiet”, it is called false humility.
Let’s go deeper, it is the strategy of Lucifer to keep us in an imperfect, immature state, each person clinging to his half-truth, instead of sharing and getting edified and growing up to perfection.
The spirit is calling to you today, come out of religion, get into a living relationship with Jesus, live like a tree, give and receive and fruit will come out of your life.
Get your feet wet, step out in faith, the priests had to overcome FEAR, the Jordan was overflowing its banks, and the possibility of the water carrying them away or them getting drowned could have limited them, but they played their part and stepped into the water and God took over.
God will wait for your obedience and faith before your miracle occurs!
The representatives of the tribes were to keep memorials of what God had done for future generations to see and believe. How you receive your inheritance should be documented for your children to know and believe in your God!
- Father give me an understanding of what you are saying? I need instructions to follow, am tired of groping in other men’s light, and I need to see the truth for myself in Jesus’ name.
- Who are the priests in your life, I don’t mean pastors.? There is a difference between the two.
- Who are you supposed to collaborate with for your breakthrough in this season?
Confession: I have a counselor the Holy Spirit, l will listen and obey him