CONTENDING FOR YOUR INHERITANCE
Topic: The Size Of Your Inheritance
Text: God spoke to Moses: “Divide up the inheritance of the land-based on population. A larger group gets a larger inheritance; a smaller group gets a smaller inheritance—each gets its inheritance based on the population count. Numbers 26:53-54
Key Verse: A larger group gets a larger inheritance; a smaller group gets a smaller inheritance—each gets its inheritance based on the population count. Numbers 26:54
In the gospels, a man asked Jesus to come and mediate between him and his brother over the inheritance, but Jesus refused to be dragged into the dispute.
People are often concerned about the size of their inheritance; everyone wants MORE!
A larger group gets a larger inheritance; a smaller group gets a smaller inheritance—each gets its inheritance based on the population count.
The inheritance is allocated according to the responsibility assigned to you.
- Announce to the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month, each family must choose a lamb or a young goat for a sacrifice, one animal for each household. If a family is too small to eat a whole animal, let them share with another family in the neighborhood. Divide the animal according to the size of each family and how much they can eat. Exodus 12:3-4 (NLT)
Your capacity determines the size of your inheritance.!
You may pray for anything you desire, but do you have the ability to manage it?
In the parable of the talents, Jesus taught management of Kingdom resources. The one who had more returns received more.
The inheritance is allocated not by the size of your heavenly Father’s account but by your ability to maximize it.
God is interested in maximizing resources; in the wilderness, Moses instructed them to take manna according to the number of people, no more, no less. Those who took more than was allowed and wanted to hoard it, overnight, it stank. In this season, may the Lord release an inheritance proportionate to your needs and assignment in Jesus’ name.
Everyone will not be a billionaire, and everyone may not build a house, but the fact is all your needs will be met. Philippians 4:19
When we amass wealth without a vision, we begin to idolize it.!
We may boast about our inheritance like the rich fool if we lack a sense of God’s purpose in the wealth so if you want more inheritance to grow your capacity! if you desire more, maximize what you have!. This is what Jesus had to say about it in Luke 19:26
For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him, that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.
Another text the Lord would want us to take note of as we contend for our inheritance is in. Joshua 14:6-13(CEV)
One day, while the Israelites were still camped at Gilgal, Caleb, the son of Jephunneh went to talk with Joshua. Caleb belonged to the Kenaz clan, and many other people from the Judah tribe went with Caleb. He told Joshua: You know that back in Kadesh-Barnea the Lord talked to his prophet Moses about you and me. I was forty years old at the time Moses sent me from Kadesh-Barnea into Canaan as a spy. When I came back and told him about the Land, everything I said was true. The other spies said things that made our people afraid, but I completely trusted the Lord God. The same day I came back, Moses told me, “Since you were faithful to the Lord God, I promise that the places where you went as a spy will belong to you and your descendants forever.” Joshua, it was forty-five years ago that the Lord told Moses to make that promise, and now I am eighty-five. Even though Israel has moved from place to place in the desert, the Lord has kept me alive all this time as he said he would. I’m just as strong today as I was then, and I can still fight as well in battle. So I’m asking you for the hill country that the Lord promised me that day. You were there. You heard the other spies talk about that part of the hill country and the large, walled towns where the Anakim[b] live. But maybe the Lord will help me take their Land, just as he promised. Joshua prayed that God would help Caleb, then he gave Hebron to Caleb and his descendants. And Hebron still belongs to Caleb’s descendants, because he was faithful to the Lord God of Israel
- One day : You decide that day. Isaiah 1:9 …if you are willing and obedient you will eat the good of the Land. Are you willing?
- Caleb went to Joshua: You arise and take action, Speak, pray, walk, do something as an act of faith.
3 Caleb acted in faith: He believed in God’s word. What do you believe God is willing to do? Many believe God can, but they don’t believe God will do it for them.
- Secure a promise: Caleb secured a commitment from Moses, a specific promise. There are general promises, and they are particular promises. Go to God and secure your tailor-fitted commitment.
- Put in a claim for that promise. Caleb reminded Joshua and demanded the release of the promise. Are you ready to bring your strong reasons before the Father in prayer?
- Caleb was ready to fight for his promise. Are you ready to fight, are you strong in faith like Caleb?
Joshua prayed for Caleb; we will pray for one another to fully possess our promises.
- Father, thank you for my inheritance; help me discern the size of my portion.
- Lord, deliver me from covetousness, help me to possess all that is mine in Jesus’ name
- I am ready to receive my promise; show me my portion.in Jesus
- Help me to build capacity, physically and spiritually, for more in Jesus’ name
- Teach my fingers to fight and my hands to war in Jesus’ name. Psalm 144:1
Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
I will make full proof of what the Lord has given me.
Photo by Crystal Jo on Unsplash