Theme : Contending for your inheritance
Topic : The inheritance is a discovery.
Key Verse : Now [in Haran] the Lord said to Abram, Go for yourself [for your own advantage] away from your country, from your relatives and your father’s house to the land that I will show you. Genesis 12:1 (AMPC)
1. There was an original position.
So, come out from among [unbelievers], and separate (sever) yourselves from them, says the Lord, and touch not [any] unclean thing; then I will receive you kindly and treat you with favor, 2 Corinthians 6:17
2. It is to your advantage!
And I have come down to deliver them out of the hand and power of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land to land good and large, a land flowing with milk and honey [a land of plenty]—to the place of the Canaanite, the Hittite, the Amorite, the Perizzite, the Hivite, and the Jebusite. Exodus 3:8
3. The old has some things to offer.
[Prompted] by faith he dwelt as a temporary resident in the land which was designated in the promise [of God, though he was like a stranger] in a strange country, living in tents with Isaac and Jacob, fellow heirs with him of the same promise. For he was [waiting expectantly and confidently] looking forward to the city which has fixed and firm foundations, whose Architect and Builder is God. Hebrews 11:9-10(AMPC)
The inheritance we seek in this season is both earthly and eternal.
4. The inheritance was about a land God would show him.
• Thank the Father for leaving us an example to follow
• Help me Lord to sever ties with the old to embrace the new
• Father teach me to see with eyes of faith, what you have in store for me.
• Here l am Lord, am ready for discovery.
My inheritance is a discovery, it unfolds every day as l follow Jesus.