THEME: CONTEND FOR YOUR DESTINY!
Topic: You Are God’s Inheritance!
Key Verse: Ephesians 1:11 TPT
Through our union with Christ, we, too, have been claimed by God as his own inheritance.[m] Before we were even born, he gave us our destiny;[n] that we would fulfill the plan of God, who always accomplishes every purpose and plan in his heart.Ephesians 1:11(TPT)
- Through our union with Christ, we too have been claimed by God as his own inheritance. But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave that to become children of God. John 1:12 NLT
What is the value of this new status? What benefits does it give to you? Being a child of God is not just a badge you wear; it is a position you occupy!
As a child of God, whatever your heavenly father owns is available for your use!
- The second thing our text reveals is, “Before we were even born, he gave us our destiny!”
Your destiny has been determined already! Your destiny is all in the book.
- The third point in our lesson today says:
that we would fulfill the plan of God, who always accomplishes every purpose and intent in his heart. God has a plan! Yes, God has a plan for you.!
For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts, and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Jeremiah 29:11
The inheritance we are contending for is for God’s purpose.
This purpose is more significant than where you are now and what you have. You need to discover it and Pursue it.
1 Let us thank God for our new identity in Christ Jesus; we are God’s inheritance.
- Everyman protects his inheritance; thank God that he saves us because we are his.
- Let us pray to understand all that God has reserved for us.
- Pray that you will see yourself as God sees you during this program, and you will discover what is truly yours as a child of God.
- Pray that God will show you your destiny., John the Baptist knew his destiny; even Paul knew his destiny too.
6 Pray that God will show you the plan to follow in this season in Jesus’ name.
Listen to the full devotion on anchor https://anchor.fm/closing-gaps/episodes/You-are-Gods-inheritance-e13s14a
Photo by Erika Giraud on Unsplash