Theme: Contending for your inheritance
Topic: Five Steps To Take
Key Verse: “Rise, take your journey, and pass over the Valley of the Arnon. Behold, I have given into your hand Sihon the Amorite, king of Heshbon, and his land; begin to possess it and contend with him in battle. Deuteronomy 2:24
Heavenly Father, we come into your presence with thanksgiving; we run in boldly to the throne of grace by the blood of Jesus. Thank you for the gift of life; you have been so faithful to us; we worship you and give you praise. Show us your way and your will for our lives in this season in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Contend: The dictionary defines “contend” as to strive in contest or rivalry, to struggle against difficulties or opposition, and to argue (like in a debate).
Are you a Christian today whose life seems to be a contest with Multiple challenges lined up like a hurdle? Nothing good comes your way without an unnecessary struggle. This program is for you!
There are so many believers living at the border of their breakthrough, they know what God has promised them, but they have failed too many times to give up hope. Now is your time to contend for those promises. Amen
Inheritance is something, land, money, or possessions received at the passing of the owner by the heir or those entitled to it by a will. Without a relationship, you cannot claim an inheritance.
By our adoption into the family of God, we have an inheritance. This inheritance is first spiritual, and its benefits include material blessings. “we are always thanking the Father. He has enabled us to share in the inheritance that belongs to his people, who live in the light“. Colossians 1:12
Without a genuine relationship with God, the devil will contest your right to the saints’ inheritance.
God gave Moses a charge to ask the children of Israel to do these five things.
1 “Rise up,
2 Take your journey
3.Pass over the Valley of the Arnon;
4. Begin to possess the land.
5. To contend with Sihon in battle.
Every one of these steps is crucial.
- Rise Up! The Israelites had become comfortable with where they had arrived. There was more ahead of them, but they had become laid back. Have you become comfortable with “just enough” whereas God has “more than enough” for You? Have you become satisfied with living on drugs, whereas God has divine healing ahead of you? Rise Up!
- Take a journey! It takes effort to move from one level in life to another. It’s time to make an effort to go where you’ve never been; try what you have been afraid of; God has something better ahead of you.
- Pass over the Valley! Life is full of mountains and valleys, the land God has promised you is ahead of you, and there is a valley between you. Is the Valley a limitation? Academic, material, or physical limitations. Be determined to pass over that Valley this time around. You must not stop till your feet step on your promised land.
- Begin to possess the land! Start something! Kick start the process; whatever you can begin to do as an act of faith, start now!.
- Contend with Sihon in battle! There is an enemy of your destiny who comes to steal, kill and destroy. He will try to resist you, so be ready to fight for everything God has given you.
- Father, thank you for your son Jesus’s gift, which has qualified me for an inheritance.
- Father, forgive me for becoming complacent in pursuing my inheritance; deliver me from fear, discouragement, and hopelessness in Jesus’ name.
- Father, l ask for strength and wisdom to do your will in this season of my life.
- Today, Lord, l have decided to walk by faith and not by sight; show me the first step to take in Jesus’ name.
- Open my eyes to see the enemy’s devices against me, in Jesus’ name.
A man can receive nothing except it be given him from heaven. I receive my portion today!
Photo by Mantas Hesthaven on Unsplash
2 thoughts on “Five Steps To Take”
God’s grace and more anointing
LikeLiked by 1 person